All Save the Children op shops are run by volunteers and without the regular contribution of our amazing team, we simply couldn’t open these stores. Volunteering as a retail assistant in our op shops is a fun, rewarding and fulfilling experience, which is why a large proportion of our retail volunteers have been with us for many years.
A retail assistant will be required to:
- provide excellent customer service
- accept donations brought to the shop
- clean and maintain tidy shop display areas
- sort and process merchandise
- restock merchandise as required
- participate in relevant training and meetings
683 Pittwater Rd, Dee Why NSW
Store opening hours:
Mon-Sat: 9am – 4.30pm
Sun: 10am – 4pm
Save the Children is no ordinary not-for-profit. We're ambitious, creative and outspoken. We stand up for children's rights. We want all children to be educated, healthy and live a life free from violence. We run programs in Australia and overseas and, if there's a disaster - like an earthquake, drought or conflict – we are there on the ground.
We want our op shops to be known as a great place to work as well as a welcoming place to shop! We understand that we can all make a difference to our team environment, to make it a warm, rewarding and a fun place to be.
Essential skills and/or experience
A retail assistant should:
- be punctual, reliable and honest
- be able to work as a member of a team and without constant direction
- have good interpersonal and communication skills
- have knowledge of basic arithmetic and/or basic cash handling skills
Desired skills and/or experience
- previous experience in retail
- previous customer service experience
- Induction (essential)
- Orientation (essential)
- Training (as required)
Confirmed volunteers will be required to:
- Give permission for Save the Children to undertake a National Police Record Check and provide 100 points of identification.
- Read and accept the Save the Children Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy.
We know diversity makes a positive difference, and we encourage people from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and other diverse backgrounds to apply.