All Save the Children op shops are run by volunteers and without the regular contribution of our amazing team, we simply couldn’t open these stores. Volunteering as a retail assistant in our op shops is a fun, rewarding and fulfilling experience, which is why a large proportion of our retail volunteers have been with us for many years.
A retail assistant will be required to:
- provide excellent customer service
- accept donations brought to the shop
- clean and maintain tidy shop display areas and merchandise
- restock merchandise as required
- participate in relevant training and meeting
111 Great North Rd, Five Dock NSW 2046
Store operating hours:
Mon-Fri: 9am – 5:30pm
Sat: 9pm – 4pm
Sun: 10am – 1pm
Save the Children is no ordinary not-for-profit. We're ambitious, creative and outspoken. We stand up for children's rights. We want all children to be educated, healthy and live a life free from violence. We run programs in Australia and overseas and, if there's a disaster - like an earthquake, drought or conflict – we are there on the ground.
We want our op shops to be known as a great place to work as well as a welcoming place to shop! We understand that we can all make a difference to our team environment, to make it a warm, rewarding and a fun place to be.
Essential skills and/or experience
A retail assistant should:
- be punctual, reliable and honest
- be able to work as a member of a team and without constant direction
- have good interpersonal and communication skills
- have knowledge of basic arithmetic and/or basic cash handling skills
Desired skills and/or experience
- previous experience in retail
- previous customer service experience
- Induction (essential)
- Orientation (essential)
- Training (as required)
Confirmed volunteers will be required to:
- Give permission for Save the Children to undertake a National Police Record Check and provide 100 points of identification.
- Read and accept the Save the Children Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy.
Contact Irenne Migliaccio (Retail Operations Manager NSW) for more information on 0429 480 166.
We know diversity makes a positive difference, and we encourage people from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and other diverse backgrounds to apply.