Our Save the Children Depot in Glenside is currently in need of volunteers to assist as sorters.
We are looking for vibrant and enthusiastic volunteers to join our team to assist with the day-to-day running of the depot covering a five day roster. Our volunteers are responsible for sorting and packing pre-loved clothing, accessories, bric-a-brac and the like, ready for delivery to stores.
Funds raised through the sale of donated goods at our stores are used to support programs for children locally, nationally and internationally. Such programs centre on education, health and child protection. Our shops are the public face of Save the Children and help send out a positive message about our work.
Glenside, South Australia
Flexible hours, full days preferred. Monday to Friday but one Saturday every two months for garage sales.
Retail Volunteer Coordinator
As a volunteer Retail Assistant, you will:
- provide exceptional customer service
- accept donations brought to the depot
- sort through donations
- pack orders ready for store deliveries as required
- participate in relevant training and meetings
- be able to commit to at least one four-hour shift weekly
Essential skills and/or experience
We’re looking for someone who:
- is punctual, reliable and honest
- is able to work as a member of a team and without constant direction
- has good interpersonal and communication skills
- has knowledge of basic arithmetic and/or cash handling skills
Ideally, you will have:
- previous experience in retail or customer service environments
- cash handling experience
We want our op shops to be known as a great place to work, as well as a welcoming place to shop! That’s why we work hard to make sure our stores are warm, rewarding and a fun place to be for our volunteers.
By volunteering at a Save the Children op shop, you can:
- help us to support the local community
- come in to a happy, positive and vibrant place with like-minded people
- learn new skills while using your existing ones
- find out more about the issues affecting vulnerable communities both in Australia and overseas
- Induction (essential)
- Orientation (essential)
- Training (as required)
Volunteer applicants will be required to:
- Give permission for Save the Children to undertake a National Police Record Check and provide 100 points of identification
- Read and accept the Save the Children Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Hermina Bolton on 08 8426 8519 or email@example.com