The Play2Learn program in the inner city provides families with a welcoming, supportive and non-judgmental space to play and learn with their child/children or grandchild/grandchildren. It is both an Early Childhood Education and Family Support Program.
We run Play2Learn in six locations across the inner and eastern city each week and attend community events throughout the year. We run during school terms only.
Play2Learn Inner City Team Leader
Play2Learn gives both the children and yourself the opportunity to have fun, make new friends and develop new skills. And remember, every minute you volunteer with Save the Children allows us to direct more funds to programming and making a real difference.
Essential skills and/or experience
A successful Play2Learn assistant will be:
- good with young kids
- flexible, reliable, hard-working and able to work as part of a team
- committed to volunteering once a week for 10 weeks
- happy to commit their time every week
- willing to learn
Desirable skills and/or experience
- Studying education, social work, community development or a related field; OR
- Is or has been in a parenting role, ie grandparents, foster parents, adoptive parents, step parents
Confirmed volunteers will be required to:
- Give permission for Save the Children to undertake a National Police Record and Working With Children Check.
- Read and accept the Save the Children Volunteer Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy.
Please contact Kate (Play2Learn Inner City Team Leader) if you would like more information via email or phone: Kate.firstname.lastname@example.org or 0438 653 272